Well, here I go again. I seem to be obsessed with organizing things! I just cannot function efficiently or think straight if I am surrounded by unorganized things, in simpler terms clutter!!! I feel as though I spend my life, every waking moment, well almost, organizing and reorganizing my things, his things, their things, OUR things! I have come to an impass as far as my craft room is concerned. It has always seemed so out of whack to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, although I know it's right there in front of me and just a matter of time before I crack the code to every annal person's dream, "Ultimate Organization"!
I'm sorry I don't have any before photos of my room but, I will eventually be loading photos of my current situation. Now, I must tell you that despite how organized it may look to the untrained eye, IT'S JUST NOT THERE YET! This will be a step outside my comfort zone because I'm REALLY not happy with where my room is today but, I'm going to let all of you be the judge of that. My sister actually tells me I'm an organization guru... I want to be. LOL
I haven't quite put my finger on the heart of the problem in this room but I will tell you what I feel some of the problems are:
1. Every thing is mismatched. Not all of my organizers, shelves, drawer units etc. are the same!
2. Perhaps my stations just aren't defined enough. I have several different work stations set up, sewing, jewelry making, scrapbooking, card making, general crafts etc.
3. I HATE MY FLOOR! Ugly, ugly, ugly. Was there when we purchased the house 3 yrs. ago.
4. Not enough wall space for my shelving units and my special momentos, my motivating forces. Hard to tell, I know, but most of the wall space is actually covered in windows!!!
5. My lighting, I wear triple lens glasses... Need I say more???
6. Seems no matter what I do, it just doesn't seem to be enough storage. Hence the objects around the floor and under the tables.
7. The bottom line is, I just can't create well when I feel so stressed in this room. THERE'S JUST SOOOOO MUCH STUFF CLOSING IN ON ME!
I'm actually thinking about giving up certain parts of my hobby (crafting) to create some space in this room. Don't get me wrong ladies, I do realize how very blessed I am to have this space to craft in. I am grateful to God for this space, but if I'm not creating in this space to my full potential that means the space is not suiting it's purpose. Once I load the photos of my space, I will be happy to receive any suggestions you all may have. I will tell you now that I have four tables or work surfaces set up in this space. One table is for my jewelry making, one is for sewing, one is for my scrapping and the center table is actually where I do my card making and everything else crafty that I do (ceramic work, painting, drawing, florals etc.)
I know it may sound as though I'm whining about my room, it's quite the contrary. I just need help with this dilema so that I may enjoy and appreciate my room that much more... The way I should be. I'm sure I'm not the only one of us out there that feels this way and frankly, I think any one of us that even has a "Craft Room" that is not a shared space is fortunate, blessed and should be thanking their lucky stars and God above that it's not public domain! I now turn to you, my fellow crafters, the experts, to lead me in the right direction with this... Lead Away!
Thanks for looking everyone and I will get those photos up within the next few days. Keep in mind, I'm doing this cold turkey! LOL!!
PawwPadd - AKA - Grammie