FOLLOWERS

Sunday, February 27, 2011

MORE CARDS FOR THE MEN IN OUR LIVES!

Hello Everyone,

Once again, here we are with the next post in the series of men's cards I have to share! Hope you enjoy what you see and I hope you come back to see me soon!

Here is a list of expectations I had for all of these cards when I started this project!


A quick reminder of my goals for these cards:

  • Easily mailed / no extra postage - Postal Service gets enough as it is in my opinion! 
  • Wide range of styles that reach out to the young men in our lives, the old or older, the tots, the ones who love jewelry, cuff links, rings, earrings (as so many of them wear now) etc. Basically those who love bling and those who don't!
  • To use items from my stash that have been long forgotten about! A Must!
  • To go back to what we did before the giant flowers, the fancy and not so fancy brads, the rhinestones, the glitter glues, the bulky embellishments etc.

To get you all motivated enough to set time aside for making men's cards BEFORE you need them!

Thanks for stopping to see me!
Bethann aka PawwPadd

 Done with all stickers and a stamped sentiment. I used a white gel pen to highlight the words "Touchdown" and the football player, just to make them stand out on such a dark paper.

 Old tag from "The Tag Book" mentioned so many times throughout these posts, matted it, stuck a gemstone brad through it, stamped a round sentiment and backed it with dark paper, mounted it on tag.
 This is also a tag from that old tag book of cut-outs. I highlighted some parts of it to give some more dimension so it would pop a bit. Stamped sentiment in upper corner.
 This and the remainding cards of this post were done with the same background paper and same layout. I used several different stickers and simply layered them off to one side.This one doesn't have a stamped sentiment on the outside but the rest do. There just wasn't room for one. The sticker strips I used (in different colors) are all Creative Memories border strips.







The images used on this card are not stickers, they're actually punch-outs or cut-outs that I colored with pencil to add some interest. They were all just black and white images.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this post, Bethann! If you are this good using pencils you will be on fire when you get your pawws on those copics! Love how colorful these dads cards are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Bethann. Love your coloring with pencils.
    PS: how do you file ALL these cards so that you can pull out the age appropriate one for each occasion :o?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails