FOLLOWERS

Monday, February 14, 2011

MEN, WE LOVE EM' DON'T WE???

Hi All,

Well, I'm winding down my "Men's Cards" posts! Maybe only a couple more after this one! Whoo-Hoo! I sincerely hope you've all been enjoying them and getting some inspiration and motivation for your own. Sit back and join me once again for my next "Men's Cards" post!

Below is a list of expectations I had in mind when I started this project, so please think about them as you view these cards.
  • Easily mailed / no extra postage - Postal Service gets enough as it is in my opinion! 
  • Wide range of styles that reach out to the young men in our lives, the old or older, the tots, the ones who love jewelry, cuff links, rings, earrings (as so many of them wear now) etc. Basically those who love bling and those who don't!
  • To use items from my stash that have been long forgotten about! A Must!
  • To go back to what we did before the giant flowers, the fancy and not so fancy brads, the rhinestones, the glitter glues, the bulky embellishments etc.
  • To get you all motivated enough to set time aside for making men's cards BEFORE you need them!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll come back soon and often!
Bethann aka PawwPadd

 Two different stickers, stamped sentiment
 I will probably chalk tan over this lantern because of the white background. I'd like for it to blend a bit better with the papers. Stamped sentiment. Just didn't feel like doing it at the time.
 Very dimensional stickers, stamped sentiment, matted decorative paper.
 Large tag from "the book", stamped sentiment
 If you'll notice, this is the same tag as above only much smaller! I was very mad at myself because, after gluing  everything down on this card, I realized I put the tag on it so it could be a horizontal card! I glued the sentiment in the wrong place. It was probably fatigue that setting in that caused that mistake. I just couldn't get the sentiment off without ruining the card so I left it alone. Boy was I mad at myself!
 The tag is a Fresh Cuts cut-out and the other is a sticker. I stamped the sentiment on separate piece of paper, cut it to size and glued withing the sticker's framed area, added copper colored brads.
 The square image is cut from a decorative paper that had numerous images similar to this one, punch-out tag with copper colored brad added, stamped sentiment.
Cream card with a rub-on sentiment, a cut-out tag matted with dark brown paper and real leather hang added,  Creative Memories card stock corner, metal clips, 3 torn matches and faux stitching added to edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails