FOLLOWERS

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MORE MEN'S CARDS!

Hi Everyone, just a quick reminder of my goals for these cards:

  1. Easily mailed / no extra postage - They get enough as it is in my opinion! 
  2. Wide range of styles that reach out to the young men in our lives, the old or older, the tots, the ones who love jewelry, cuff links, rings, earrings (as so many of them wear now) etc. Basically those who love bling and those who don't!
  3. To use items from my stash that have been long forgotten about! A Must!
  4. To go back to what we did before the giant flowers, the fancy and not so brads, the rhinestones, the glitter glues, the bulky embellishments etc.
  5. To get you all motivated enough to set time aside for making men's cards BEFORE you need them!'
I must tell you, my friend Cindy had, what I thought was a very good idea! She said, I should take 5 birthday cards, get well cards, thinking of you cards, etc. per person that I send cards out to each year and put them in a folder with their name on it. Make sure all 5 of each are different and that way, you already have a card for them for the next 5 years, especially if it's birthday! I think it's a great way to stay "Ahead of The Game"! I do plan on doing this because I just have so many cards in my stash already and if you're anything like me... You do to!
See Ya Soon and Thanks for stopping by!
Bethann aka PawwPadd
 On this card, there is a lawn mower die-cut by Creative Memories that I've enhanced with my fine-line black marker. All others are stickers that I've layered. Don't forget about layering your flat items!
 This card has a Mrs. Grossman's sticker tree and a dimensional frog with the wiggly eyes. The sentiment is a sticker also.
 Basketball is a cut-out and the sentiment is a sticker. 5X7 card
 Sentiment is stamped and the images are all stickers
 These images are all stickers, including the sentiment.
 Sentiment and car are both stickers. It didn't really photograph well but, the body of the car actually has a kind of shimmery, iridescence to it.
 Stickers (all) 5X7 card
 "DADDY" is a sticker and sentiment is stamped.
 Tree and sentiment are stickers and there are red rhinestones on the tree. 5X7 card
 Stickers (all) This is a 5X7
 The next few cards you will see with the tie and collar paper are all very much the same except the sentiments. I really like this paper because it really just screams, "masculine" in your face so there's no doubt. I really didn't want to cover the design up with anything else so I just opted for the sentiments.
 The card that says wisdom, I think you can tell has a vellum sentiment on it. The other is a sticker.
 This sentiment was actually stamped on piece of craft paper. This card is a 5 X 7 by the way!

 This has a stamped sentiment on craft paper and it's also a 5X7 card.
 This card's 57 car is a stamped image that I cut out and mounted and the piece of map is actually a very thick sticker. The word wish is a rub-on!
 Stamped sentiment with stickers I over-layed, black strip is paper and doorknob and key are stickers also.
 Stamped sentiment, black strip of paper, clear rhinestone, sticker clocks are behind a clock that I cut out. After I looked at this one, I realized I should have taken my exacto blade and cut out the white in and around the clocks stopper but... I'm ashamed to say that when I finished this card, my workspace was in such shambles, I couldn't locate it! Oh Whoa was me!
 This cards sentiment is stamped, the word fun is actually an acrylic 3-D sticker and the bike is a flat sticker.
 On this card is a photo of a very nice car, I thought, that I actually cut from a calendar or a magazine, can't really remember which. The circle with the sentiment on it is pre-done from a card kit or something that I had left over and of course those are black photo corners in the corners of the card. The sentiment is popped up also.
 Here again, this photo was cut from a mag or calendar, the same photo corners and sentiment is popped up.
 The center piece is a punch-out that I'd had forever! Stamped sentiment.
 Stamped sentiment with vintage camera and film stickers.
 Stamped sentiment with a sticker Victrola.
 Stamped sentiment with a Fresh Cuts cut-out.
 Fresh Cuts cut-out and a vintage phone sticker.
 The corners on this card are stickers, the grinder is a sticker and the oval in the middle is a punch-out with a stamped sentiment on it.
 Stamped sentiment and the man on the card is one of those little people that they use to sell years ago. I actually purchased a pack of them that were "naked" and made all of my own clothes for them when I use them. Their shoes as well. Some of them I just simply color in faux shoes on their feet and some I cut out shoes for them. I love them. By the way, they all come with the cute little faces already drawn on.
 FYI: If you get any of these little people or have any, use their clothes as templates before using the originals, it makes life so much simpler!  :-)
 I don't know what I was thinking...
 Corners, leaves and Jeep are stickers with a stamped sentiment.
 This card looks so much better in person! LOL! Those are green rhinestones under the sentiment.
If I remember correctly, the clock, the square with the buttons and the green stamps are not stickers. The others are all stickers. The green stamps I cut from a scrap piece of paper I had in my stash, the clock if a cut-out, I believe and the square piece with buttons I cut from a sheet of paper that had several different squares of this kind all over it. Stamped sentiment.

 All of the following cards were done with Fresh Cuts cut-outs and stamped sentiments.




Well that's this post! I hope you enjoyed it! I really wish I were a better photographer because my cards always look so much better in person than they do after I've posted them. Well, anyway, that's it for now and I'll hopefully see you again with another post on Friday! I really do need some photography classes or a better camera LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails